About the Business
BlueWise Marine Limited provides a comprehensive approach to the development, management and promotion of marine and offshore renewable energy projects. We work with industry, government and academic clients operating within the blue economy. Our end-to-end approach to service delivery allows our clients to focus on their core business, safe in the knowledge that our team will manage their assets and projects to the highest standards, in a safe, efficient, social and environmentally conscious manner. One element of the services we provide to our offshore renewable clients is HSEQ support, helping them to develop integrated HSEQ management systems, complete contractor selection in terms of minimum HSES requirements and provide ongoing support during site investigation, design and development of their offshore projects.
About the Role
The successful candidate will support our Offshore Renewable Energy client’s projects, providing end-to-end HSEQ support throughout all phases of project development. This includes daily support such as assisting clients in developing their own management systems, pre-qualification assessments for client’s contractors in terms of minimum HSES requirements, assessment and appointment of duty holders, contractor management, review of proposed work plans, including risk assessments and method statements and providing ongoing support during development of offshore projects in the role of Competent Person.
The role will also involve leading ongoing management and development of the BlueWise Marine accredited integrated management system to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements and successful re-accreditation under the ISO standards, 9001, 14001 & 45001. The role will involve actively promoting the safety awareness among staff through promotion, risk assessment and training for all work streams including sea going activities, event management and daily operations.
BlueWise Marine offers hybrid working arrangements for all employees.Our Head Office is located in the Atlantic Technical University (ATU) iHubs, Galway. Occasional site visits and meetings at client offices will be required.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about Health, Safety, Environment and Quality and have a proven track record delivering HSEQ management support to projects in the construction, marine and/or renewable energy sectors. The successful candidate will hold a degree/diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or demonstrate similar competency.
While experience within the marine industry is desirable, it is not essential. Ideally you would have experience in the construction industry and the application of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013. You will have a strong, yet pragmatic, safety culture with excellent client management skills. You will be comfortable and confident overseeing all health and safety within the company.
The successful candidate will have detailed knowledge of ISO standards, 9001, 14001 & 45001, internal auditing processes and proficiency in written and oral English language, exceptional communication, and interpersonal skills. Applicants must demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail and ability to deliver on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously. A high level of IT literacy is also required, including advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
The role would be ideally suited to someone with marine experience or those with experience working on construction of wind farm developments in Ireland or elsewhere who is interested in diversifying to the offshore sector. We are driven by contributing to a green, clean energy future and look for people with a passion for the marine, and the role Ireland’s offshore wind and wave resources can play in helping us to transition meet Ireland’s climate change targets.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Demonstratable experience in construction or similar heavy industry; with experience in a supervisory or managerial role preferred
- Extensive knowledge of environmental, health and safety and construction regulations and policies in Ireland
- A good working knowledge of risk assessments, site safety plans, emergency preparedness plans, incident investigation, COSHH and RIDDOR
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in identifying requirements and delivering HSEQ training as necessary
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships at all levels with internal and external teams and positively influence stakeholders
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and be able to work on your own and within strict guidelines and timelines
- Highly IT literate, including advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety, Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or similar required
- Knowledge or experience of working in Offshore Renewable Energy projects
- Knowledge or experience of working in the marine and maritime sector
- Knowledge or experience in managing health and safety for public events
- Experience in participating in the assessment of tender submissions and pre-qualification of contractors
- Experience of conducting internal Audits on Integrated management systems
- Qualification in implementation of EU General Data Protection Regulations
Remuneration and Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a continuously growing consultancy in an expanding market.
An attractive salary package commensurate with the successful applicant’s skills and experience will be offered, including employer pension contributions, death in service and income protection benefits.
We are committed to exploring hybrid working arrangements to enable flexible and remote ways of working. In addition, you will receive a phone allowance and opportunities for career development and support.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 19th May 2023
Use of Data
All personal data and the information submitted for this application will be used solely for the purpose of this campaign, after which it will be deleted in line with our data and documents policy. All information will be treated with the strictest confidence and accessed only by those involved directly in the campaign.