BLUEGIFT is a €2.5M European Regional Development Fund project that aims to help Atlantic Area companies test the next generation of Marine Renewable Energy (MRE) technology in real sea environments and prove power can be economically generated from the ocean. The project will result in a minimum of 8 MRE floating wind, wave or tidal pre-commercial demonstrations, over 24,000hrs of operation, work with over 20 SMEs, sustaining 30+ jobs and helping to secure €15M investment into MRE companies. The test centres cover the geographical spread, resource types and are evenly distributed across the Atlantic Area programme area.
- EMEC (wave and tidal test centre) in Orkney, Scotland – LEAD PARTNER;
- BiMEP (wave and floating wind test centre) in the Basque Country, Spain;
- PLOCAN (wave and floating wind test centre) in Gran Canaria, Spain;
- SEENEOH (tidal and run of river test centre) in Bordeaux, France;
- WavEC (wave and floating wind test centre) in Lisbon, Portugal;
- BlueWise Marine (Smartbay marine and renewable test site) in Galway; and
- Centrale Nantes, SEM-REV (wave and floating wind test centre) on the west coast of France.
Access to one or more Test Sites to perform Tests and Validation is granted through a series of competitive calls; the proposals received on each call will be checked for eligibility, evaluated by a User Selection Board and, if successful, granted aid to access the Test Site of the Users’ choice by means of a Support Package Vouchers.
More information on the project and calls available at http://bluegift.eu/