About the Business
BlueWise Marine provides a comprehensive approach to the development, management and promotion of marine and offshore renewable energy projects. We work with industry, government and academic clients operating within the blue economy. Our end-to-end approach to service delivery allows our clients to focus on their core business, safe in the knowledge that our team will manage their assets and projects to the highest standards, in a safe, efficient, social and environmentally conscious manner. One element of the services we provide to our clients, is digital and traditional promotion of research infrastructure, marine technology, dissemination of EU funded project outputs and marine industry network news.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a marketing communications specialist to use their skills to communicate about the innovative and exciting research taking place in the marine sector in Ireland. A key aspect of the role will involve content creation for websites and social media channels, as well as management of these platforms. Developing and implementing communication and marketing plans for BlueWise Marine and its clients. Coordinating and developing promotional material as required for dissemination of information and brand promotion at events. Participating in meetings, providing an update on relevant communications or marketing topics and trends.
The role would be ideally suited to someone with an interest in the marine and who is passionate about science and research communications.
Experience and Qualifications
We are seeking an individual who has experience with content creation for a variety of audiences and working with diverse teams in a busy and changing office environment. A high level of written and reporting skills, coupled with strong communication and interpersonal skills are desirable. A marketing related qualification is essential, with an up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends and practices in online marketing and measurement.
The following qualifications, experience and competencies are required for success in this role:
- An Honours Degree (minimum 2:2, but 2:1 or higher is desirable) in a marketing related area.
- Extensive marketing communications experience, including developing and executing communication and marketing plans, digital campaigns and the preparation of written content such as press releases, news articles.
- Past experience of working with multiple clients and/or marketing agency.
- Experience with online content creation such as website and social media content, including the successful running of social media marketing campaigns.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest trends and practices in online marketing and measurement such as SEO, social listening, social advertising, marketing automation, Google Analytics.
- High proficiency in personal productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in working with diverse teams in a busy and changing office environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of written and oral reporting skills.
- High level of attention to detail and competent fact checking.
- Efficient time management and organisational skills.
- Good customer service orientation.
- Graphic and digital design and editing skills to enable the production of content an advantage.
- Experience in communicating technical content to a variety of audiences an advantage.
- Experience of the following software package; Sprout Social, WordPress, Drupal CMS, Canva, Adobe an advantage.
Remuneration and Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a continuously growing consultancy in an expanding market. An attractive salary package commensurate with the successful applicant’s skills and experience will be offered including attractive employer pension contributions, death in service and income protection benefits. In addition, you will receive a phone allowance and opportunities for career development and support.
We are committed to exploring hybrid working arrangements to enable flexible and remote ways of working.
How to Apply
All CVs and cover letters should be submitted by 29th April 2022.
Use of Data
All personal data and the information submitted for this application will be used solely for the purpose of this campaign, after which it will be deleted in line with our data and documents policy. All information will be treated with the strictest confidence and accessed only by those involved directly in the campaign.